How to Connect Epson XP-440 to Laptop?
METHOD 1: Wireless Connection
Steps to do how to connect Epson XP-440 to Laptop:
- Take out the installation CD which came along with the printer.
- Insert it into your computer and follow the instructions to install the driver.
- If there is no CD drive in the laptop, the installation driver can be downloaded from the official Epson website under Support and driver downloads.
- Once the pop up opens, you will find the license agreement, software, Installation, Setup and Summary.
- Tick the check box on the options you want to install with your driver, like drivers and utilities, photo scan and Guide book.
- Click Install and the progress takes several minutes to complete.
- The printer setup gives you two options; A wireless connection and a Direct USB Connection.
- It asks two options, namely ‘set up PC for the first time’ and ‘the printer is already connected to a wireless network.
- Select the first option and click Next.
- A Wi-Fi Auto Connect box will appear confirming the wireless connection, click Next.
- The installer will automatically connect the Epson XP-440 to the network, and the setup is complete.
- If the connection fails, it shows a Wireless Setup method – using printer control panel buttons or a temporary USB cable connection.
- Option 1- gives you the Wireless Network showing you the SSID name which has your Wi-Fi name and the Wi-Fi password.
- Choose the option 1 and click Next.
- This opens up a start wireless setup showing you the images from the Epson’s control panel.
- Select the Left arrow until you find the Wi-Fi setup and then press OK. Press the OK on the setup wizard screen.
- It takes a little time to detect your wireless network connection and finally displays a list of networks around you.
- Once you select your network connection, key-in your Wi-Fi password.
- It shows up your Information saying that the SETUP is complete.
- Select Yes if you want to print report. Your printer is set up and ready for printing.
METHOD 2: USB Connection(Temporary)
- In the printer setup when it displays two options,
- The Wi-Fi setup (Using the printer Button)
- Choose the ‘Using temporary USB cable connection.’
- When your wireless connection displays your network, click Next and Continue.
- Make sure your laptop and the printer are connected by a USB cable.
- Wait until the laptop detects your printer.
- Once it does, it shows up a printer setup.
- A firewall pop-up will show. If it does, click Unblock so the next steps can take place.
- Next select your SSID from the displayed list.
- Enter your Security Key/Password.
- It takes several minutes for the configuration to complete. It displays a confirmation message.
- When the prompt is displayed, USB can be disconnected. Click Finish upon completing the installation.
- Select your Epson XP440 from the drop-down list and then click Add.
- The how to connect Epson XP-440 to laptop process successfully completed..