Fix: How To Connect Printer To Acer Chromebook ?
Acer Chromebook is easy to set up with any device. In general, most of the printer models don’t support Chrome OS because the usage of Windows and macOS is comparatively high. However, Chromebook users are typically more and engaging daily because of the performance and security features it offers. To connect your printer to your Acer laptop running Chrome OS, continue reading the instructions below.
Method 1: USB setup
This method is the easiest way to connect your printer and Chromebook. All you need is a USB cable.
- To begin the USB setup, turn on your printer and Acer Chromebook.
- Connect your devices using the USB cable you got.
- Make sure that the cable is firmly connected at both end ports.
- Once the connection is established, proceed to add your printer to your Chromebook.
Method 2: Wireless setup
- Before starting the wireless setup, ensure that your devices are placed within the Wi-Fi range.
- Next, connect your printer to your local wireless network using the correct wireless credentials.
- If your router supports WPS, start the wireless setup using the WPS Push Button configuration.
- Now, connect your Chromebook to the wireless network to which your printer is connected.
You are all set up now. Proceed to connect your printer to your Acer Chromebook and then add it to the list.
Adding the printer:
- On your Chromebook, click the time at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Settings option and click the Advanced button.
- Click on Printers below Print and Scan.
- In the Available printers to save section, click Save next to your printer.
- Check if your printer is added to the Saved printers list.
- To verify the setup, print a webpage or document from your Chromebook.
In case you are stuck while connecting your printer to your Acer Chromebook, feel free to contact our technical experts for assistance in resolving it.