HOW TO CONNECT PRINTER TO CHROMEBOOK USB?
Like Windows and Mac computers, you can also connect your printer to your Chromebook. Adding a printer to Chromebook is also a simple and quick process to perform. In the below section, we’re going to see how to connect printer to Chromebook USB cable connection.
Connecting the printer to Chromebook
- Initially, make sure that your printer (that you wish to connect to Chromebook) is unpacked and ready to use.
- Secondly, turn on your printer and the Chromebook device if they are turned off.
- Now, connect your printer directly to Chromebook using the USB cable. (Note: Avoid using the USB hub for connectivity).
- Open the Settings screen on your device.
- Locate and click on the Advanced option.
- Now, scroll through the Advanced screen and look for the Printing option.
- Once you find Printing, click on it.
- Select the Printers option, followed by Add Printer.
- Now, a window titled “Add a Nearby Printer” will open.
- In the opened window, look for the printer that is connected to your Chromebook device using the USB cable.
- Select the connected printer and click the Save button to add it to your Chromebook.
Congratulations! The selected printer is connected to your Chromebook device successfully.
Now, let’s see how to print a document from Chromebook to the connected printer.
- On Chromebook, open the page or document that you want to print.
- Now, initiate the print operation by clicking the Print option or pressing the Ctrl and P buttons at the same time.
- In the Print Properties dialog box, ensure that the connected printer is selected.
- Configure the print settings such as Destination, Print Quality, etc., as per your preferences.
- Finally, click the Print button.
- Now, if the printer prints the document, it means the connectivity is made correctly. Otherwise, reconnect the printer to your Chromebook.
If you need to know more about how to connect printer to Chromebook USB, contact us.