EPSON PRINTER ERROR CODE 0X97
Error codes are quite prevalent among printers. However, no error code occurs without a cause. So, when you diagnose the exact cause, the error code can be fixed easily. In this article, let’s discuss some causes and the solutions to fix the error code 0x97 on Epson printers.Usually, the error code 0x97 occurs on the Epson printer when there is an issue with your printer’s hardware components. This error code occurs instantly without any prior warning. If you encounter the error code 0x97 on your printer, try out the following solutions and check whether you can fix it.
Disconnect your printer
- To begin with, cancel all the print jobs you have sent to your printer so far. To do so, go to the Devices and Printers section. Right-click on your printer and select the See what’s printing option. Go to the Printer tab and then choose the Cancel All Documents option.
- Turn off your printer and remove all the cables, including the power cord, USB cable, and ink cartridges.
- Leave your printer undisturbed for a minute. Then, reconnect all the cables to your printer and install the ink cartridges.
- Now, turn on your printer and check whether the error code has disappeared.
- If the issue persists, proceed with the next solution.
Clean the print head
- The clogged print heads can be a significant reason behind the error code 0x97 on your Epson printer. Clean the print heads by following the instructions below and check whether your issue is resolved.
- Remove all the ink cartridges from the print head.
- Place them on a clean towel and remove the print head from the printer.
- Wipe the print head using a clean lint-free cloth and clean the nozzle area.
- Soak the print head in a bowl of warm water and make sure not to use boiling water.
- After 10 minutes, take the print head from the bowl and wipe off any moisture using a dry lint-free cloth.
- Once the print heads are entirely dried, insert them into the carriage and reinstall the cartridges into the respective slots.
- Finally, turn on your printer and check whether the error code has disappeared.
Update your printer firmware
- It is essential to keep your printer firmware up-to-date. You might have encountered the error code 0x97 on your Epson printer due to outdated or corrupted printer firmware. Follow the upcoming instructions to install the updated firmware.
- Make sure that your printer is turned on and connected to your computer.
- Log in to your Windows/Mac computer using an administrator account.
- From your browser, visit Epson’s official website.
- Enter your printer model and go to its support page.
- There, locate the firmware of your printer and download it.
- Finally, double-click the firmware and complete the installation by following the instructions.