Fix: Epson Printer Error Light Blinking Issue
If an error light blinks on your Epson printer, you should fix the issue with the appropriate solutions. The problem might be with the hardware or software. This article lists the best solutions to fix the “Epson printer error light blinking” issue.
Diagnose the exact cause
- On your Windows computer, click Start and go to the Devices and Printers section.
- Now, you will see all the devices and printers connected to your computer.
- Right-click on your Epson printer and select the Printer preferences option.
- When the Printer preferences window opens, go to the Maintenance tab.
- Now, it will show you the exact reason for the blinking light issue.
- Once you have diagnosed the exact cause, you can easily resolve it.
Remove the jammed paper
- If there is a paper jam on your printer, your printer will show you the respective error code on the printer control panel.
- In that scenario, you should remove all the jammed paper from the specific area.
- Once you have taken out all the jammed paper, resume the printing job.
- Now, check whether the error light on your Epson printer has stopped blinking.
Power cycle your printer
- Any issue can be fixed with a power cycle. It can enhance your printer’s performance to some extent. Follow the instructions below to proceed further.
- Turn off your Epson printer.
- Disconnect the power cable from your Epson printer and the power source.
- Leave your printer disconnected for a minute.
- Reconnect the power cord to your Epson printer and the power source.
- Turn on your printer and check whether your issue is resolved now.
Other reasons for the blinking light
- If the Ink light is flashing on your printer, it indicates that the ink in the installed cartridge is empty or critically low. So you should replace the cartridge as soon as possible.
- Sometimes, the Power light starts to flash when the ink cartridges are expended or not installed properly. In that case, you should replace or reinstall the cartridges.
- When you are connecting your printer to your computer over a network, the Wi-Fi light starts to flash during the connection process. The Wi-Fi light will remain lit once the connection is established between your Epson printer and the computer.
In this manner, you should fix the Epson printer error light blinking issue. If you still cannot fix the problem, reach out to us for remote assistance.