Fix: Epson Stylus Nx420 Not Printing
Is your Epson Stylus NX420 printer not printing any documents that you are trying to print? Resolve the printing issue by implementing the troubleshooting steps given on this page. Usually, it is rare to have printing issues on Epson printers as they deliver the most to their customers. But sometimes, you might be getting printing issues if the print settings mismatch the document you are printing or due to some other causes.
Solution 1: Check the printer status
- Make sure that your Epson printer is turned on.
- If your printer is powered off, check the power cord. Try to restart your printer and wait until it is ready.
- Verify if the paper input tray is loaded with enough paper.
- Print a nozzle check pattern sheet if your printer can work on its own.
- If your printer is printing the nozzle check sheet, proceed to resolve the connection issues.
Solution 2: Check the printer connection
- Verify if the USB cable is firmly connected at both end ports.
- If the USB cable is faulty, replace it.
- You can also try to connect the USB cable to a different USB port of your printer.
- In case you have connected your printer and computer over a wireless network, try to print the network configuration report.
- Check if the wireless settings are correct.
- If necessary, reset the network settings and reconnect your printer to your wireless network.
Move on to the next solution if your Epson Stylus NX420 printer is not printing even after implementing the above methods.
Solution 3: Check the print settings
- On your Windows computer, open the Print dialog box.
- Ensure that your printer’s name is selected in the drop-down menu.
- Click on Preferences or Properties to open the printer properties window.
- Check the print settings chosen for the document you are printing.
- If necessary, change the print settings as required.
- Click OK –> Print.
- Check if your document is printed.
- If the problem persists, implement the next solution.
Solution 4: Reinstall the printer driver
- On your computer, remove the existing Epson printer driver.
- Restart your computer and launch the default browser.
- Go to the official Epson site.
- Under the Search By Product Name tab, enter your printer’s model number and click Search.
- Select the printer model from the search result and expand the Downloads tab.
- Choose your OS version from the drop-down menu if it is not detected automatically.
- Download the compatible driver and run the setup file.
- Agree to the EULA and install the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- Choose your connection type and carry out the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation.
- Print a test page and check if your printer prints it.
You have now seen how to fix the not printing issue on your Epson Stylus NX420 printer. If the printer is not printing as expected, contact our technical experts for assistance in resolving it.