How To Setup Epson Printer
If your Epson printer status is displayed as offline on the Windows or Mac computer, then scroll down this page to know how to fix it.
Setting up an Epson printer is quite simple and easy than you think. If your printer supports wireless connectivity, you can connect any wireless device to it. Since Epson provides various printing and scanning features, you can quickly perform the actions from the connected computer. Keep reading the instructions below to know how to set up the Epson printer for the first time.
Unboxing the printer:
- First, take out the printer and its supplies from the package.
- Check the printer components.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Remember to recycle the packing materials.
Installing the ink cartridges/loading the ink tanks:
- If you are using an ink tank printer, open the ink tank cover.
- Open the ink tank cap and unpack the ink bottles from the package.
- Open the ink bottle and insert it into the filling port of the ink tank.
- Once the ink tank is filled, close the ink tank cap.
- Repeat the same procedure to fill the rest of the ink tanks.
- In case your printer supports ink cartridges, open the scanner unit and wait for the ink carriage to become idle.
- Unpack the ink cartridges.
- Remove the protective seals from the cartridges without touching the nozzle area.
- Install the cartridges into their holders and close the scanner unit.
- Next, connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the provided power cord. Then, turn it on.
- Wait until the printer comes to the Ready state.
- Press the Start key to begin ink charging.
- After completing the ink charging, pull the paper tray from the printer.
- Slide apart the paper guides.
- Fan the paper stack and load it into the tray.
- Adjust the paper guides to touch the edges of the paper stack.
- Refix the tray into the printer and pull out the paper output tray.
- If you get the CD-ROM along with the printer, insert it into your computer’s CD/DVD drive and run the setup file to start the driver installation process. Otherwise, follow these steps to get the driver from the official Epson site.
- On your computer, open the default browser and go to the official Epson site.
- Under the Search By Product Name tab, enter your printer’s model number and click Search.
- Select the printer model from the search results and expand the Downloads tab.
- Choose your OS version from the drop-down menu if it is not detected automatically.
- Select the available driver for your printer and click the Download button.
- Wait until the download is completed.
Installing the downloaded driver:
- Once you have downloaded the driver package, extract and run the setup file to begin the driver installation.
- Agree to the EULA and install the required software by selecting them in the driver installation wizard.
- Choose your connection type and carry out the on-screen instructions.
- Establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Verify the printer functionality after completing the driver installation.
You have now seen how to set up the Epson printer. In case you are stuck during the setup, contact us for assistance in resolving it.