Fixed: Windows 10 won’t Recognize Epson Printer
The Problematic Scenario:
Your Windows 10 won’t recognize Epson Printer. Your computer doesn’t detect even the USB connection. Your Epson printer worked perfectly on your old Windows Vista laptop. You have downloaded the latest software (updated) for the Epson printer and also updated the drivers. But all efforts have failed. You are now desperately seeking a solution to your problem.
The Solution to the Problematic Scenario:
The very first thing you have to check is whether your Epson printer model is supported on Windows 10.
In case the printer is supported on Windows 10, make an attempt to delete all the printer drivers in Device Manager. Now, restart your computer and then see if Windows reinstalls the correct drivers. Please keep in mind that you have to install the drivers before you start connecting your Epson printer.
- Press the Windows key and the X key at the same time.
- From the displayed options, select Device Manager.
- Now, expand the Print queues option.
- If your Epson printer is listed, right-click on it and click on the Uninstall button. You need to reinstall it later on.
- If the Epson printer is still not recognized by your Windows 10 computer, then move on to the next section on this page.
Now, to install your Epson printer on your Windows 10 computer, make use of the following steps:
- First, confirm that your Windows 10 computer is connected to the Internet.
- Next, turn on your Epson printer. Then, connect it to your computer.
- Now, click the Start icon and then type in Devices. Press the Enter key.
- You will now find that your Epson printer is recognized by your Windows 10 computer.
Other fixes to try:
- Make sure the printer status on your computer shows ‘Online.’
- Ensure that the printer’s firmware is updated.
- If you have established a wireless connection, restart your router, printer, and computer, and then re-establish the connection between them.
- If all the above steps fail, reset the printer, reconfigure the settings, and try printing.
You have now resolved the “Windows 10 won’t Recognize Epson Printer” issue.