Epson printer Wireless network setup
Epson Wireless Printer Setup
From the Control Panel: Before you set up a wireless network on your printer, make sure you install the necessary software and driver from the CD, or by downloading it.
- Tap on the Home button.
- Press the Wireless/Network icon from the printer’s control panel screen.
- Choose Wi-Fi Setup from the list of options available.
- Click on Wi-fi Setup Wizard on the new screen
- In the new dialogue box, choose your wireless network’s name or enter it manually. (NOTE: If you want to enter the network name manually, select Other Networks and then choose Network (SSID) field. Now, use the keypad to enter the wireless network’s name.)
- In the Password field, type the password using the keypad displayed on screen.
- Once you finish entering the password, click on the enter button and then tap on Proceed.
- Double check the displayed network settings and click on the OK option to save the settings. (NOTE: In case you want to change the settings, press the back button and enter the correct details.)
- Click Done and then go back to the Home screen by tapping the Home button.
How to enable a wired network connection?It is possible to disable the working wireless connection and change it to a wired network connection.
- Firstly, disable the features of your printer’s Wi-Fi connection if you have already enabled Wireless connection.
- Now, connect one end of the Ethernet network cable to the LAN port of the printer.
- Attach the cable’s other part to any accessible LAN port on your modem/router.
- Download and install the Epson printer software from the driver CD-ROM or from the Epson printer’s website.
- When you stumble upon the Select your connection screen, choose Wired Network Connection.
- Select Setup printer for the first time, in the Select Setup Option screen.
- Follow the on screen directives to complete the setup process.
How to enable a Wi-Fi Direct mode in Epson printer?
You can choose to enable direct communication between the printer and computer or with other devices, without the use of a wireless router or an access point.
- Tap on the Home button and then press the Wireless icon.
- Select Wi-Fi Setup and wait till you are directed to the next step,
- From the list of options available, choose Wi-Fi Direct Setup.
- Tap on the Connection Setup and then choose Change Password. Tap Yes.
- Enter the Wi-Fi Direct’s password that should be at least 8 characters and then Press the Enter button.
- Keep scrolling down to view the SSID (Wi-Fi network name) and password.
- Using your computer or any wireless device, select the SSID (Wi-Fi network name) and then enter the password shown.
- Click on the Home button to go to the Home screen.
How to enable a WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) to connect a network?
- Click on the Home button and select the Wireless icon.
- Now, tap on Wi-Fi Setup.
- From the available list, select Push Button Setup (WPS).
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the WPS Setup.
- When you are done completing the steps, click on the Home button to return to the Home screen.
How to disable Wi-Fi features?
If you need to alter the network connection type, you have to disable your Epson printer’s Wi-Fi features. Prior to disabling the Wi-Fi features, make sure that you make a note of SSID, password and other network settings used for the Epson Connect services.